- References to we, us, or our means Mackenzie Construction Limited. A company registered in Scotland under company number SC73177.
- References to you or your means the person accessing the website or the person who otherwise provides their personal information to us.
- Reference to the website means the Mackenzie Construction website, found at https://www.mackenzieconstruction.com
- This website is not intended for children, and we do not knowingly collect data related to children.
Who is responsible for the personal information that we collect about you?
We are the data controller for the purposes of UK legislation, including GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018. This is because we dictate the purposes for which we collect information about you and how we utilize that information.
If you have any questions about how we process your data, please contact [email protected]
What information do we collect about you?
We collect and process the following information about you:
We collect website technical information about your device, including IP addresses, screen resolution, operating system type, device type and manufacturer. We also collect information about how you utilise our website or services, such as which pages you visit whilst on our website.
Complaints, Compliments & Enquires
For us to process your submission we collect additional information than the above. This includes your contact information, such as name, email or phone number, and details about your enquiry. This information is submitted voluntarily on completing the form.
Video and Photo Information
Video and photos may be captured of you in relation to visiting any of our premises or work sites. These are collected via the use of CCTV cameras.
Marketing preferences and marking activities
Your marketing preferences, including services, topics, activities, and events that are of interest to you. To improve our marketing communications, we may collect information about your interaction with, and responses to our marketing communications.
How is this information collected?
- During communications between you and us (such as via phone, email, post, including any complaints or other requests you submit)
- Via your internet browser or electronic device
- Via cookies
- Via our website, our social media pages, and other social media content.
- Via CCTV, including fixed and temporary cameras.
How do we use the personal information we hold about you?
We will only use the information when there is a legal basis for us to do so. Typically, we will use the information in the following circumstances:
- When there is a need to respond to or answer any query or enquiries you submit to us.
- When there is a need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation
- When it is necessary for our legitimate interests and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests
- When you provide us with express of explicit consent.
Your personal information may be used by us, our employees, and service providers and disclosed to third parties for several different purposes which we have set out below.
- To comply with our legal or regulatory obligations (including because of court action, such as a court order). We do this to comply with our legal obligations.
- To carry out surveys/consultations. We do this for our legitimate interests (such as reducing disturbance to surrounding stakeholders and members of the public)
- To provide you with information about our services. We do this for our legitimate interest (such as marketing and promoting our business).
- To carry out any obligations we have to you. We do this for our legitimate interest (such as answering your enquiries or complaints)
- To ensure the safety and security of sites, premises, and assets. We do this for our legitimate interest (such as detecting and preventing crime, and ensuring public safety)
- To deliver our website and content to you
- To use data analytics to improve our website, services, marketing, and customer relationships.
Failure to provide us with your personal information
We may be required to obtain your personal information to comply with legal obligations to fulfil a request you have made. If you do not provide the relevant personal information to use, we may not be able to properly fulfil our obligations to you or be unable to fulfil your request.
Who do we disclose your information to?
Our service providers
Our business partners, suppliers, contracts, and their subcontractors for the performance of any contract we enter with them which relates to our business and under which they deliver work and services to us, including works and services which may include the processing of personal information such as IT service providers.
Client companies and partners
Including clients and delivery partners which are relevant to the enquiry being handled.
How we protect your information
We have put in place the appropriate technical and organizational safeguards to ensure that your personal data is not accidentally lost, altered, used, or disclosed. In addition to this, we limit access to your personal information to the relevant stakeholders who are subject to a duty of confidentiality. In the case of third-party data processors, they will only process data according to our instructions and are subject to their own obligations under data protection laws.
We have put in place policies and procedures to deal with any suspected data breaches and will notify any applicate regulatory authorities, such as the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO)
Where we will transfer your information
To deliver services to you, we may need to transfer information outside the United Kingdom or European Economic Area (EEA). This may occur under the following circumstances:
- If you are based outside the UK or EEA
- Where members of our staff need to access your personal information remotely while they are travelling outside the EEA.
- When your and our service providers are located outside the EEA.
These transfers are subject to special rules under both European and UK data protection laws. In these circumstances we undertake an assessment of the level of protection required. We will always attempt to minimize the amount of personal information that is transferred and will always ensure your information remains protected. In certain situations, we may need to seek your consent for these data transfers to take place, unless there is an overriding legal need.
How long do we keep your personal information for?
We will only keep your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes it was collected for, including for the purposes of legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period, we take into considering that nature, amount, and sensitivity of the personal information we’re collecting. We also evaluate the potential risk of harm that an unauthorized use or disclosure may have.
Your rights and choices in relation to your personal information
You have certain rights with respect to your personal information. These rights may only apply in certain circumstances and are subject to certain exceptions. You can exercise these rights by contacting our Data Protection Officer.
- Right of access to personal information – you have the right to receive a copy of your personal information that we hold about you (subject to exceptions)
- Right to rectify your personal information – you have the right to ask us to correct the information that we hold about you when it is incomplete or incorrect.
- Right of erasure of your personal information – you have the right to ask that your personal information is deleted in certain circumstances. For example, when your information is no longer required, or when you withdraw your consent.
- Right to restrict the use of your personal information – You have the right to suspend our use of your personal information in certain circumstances. For example, when we no longer need your information, or you have objected to our use of your personal information and are evaluating our legitimate basis for processing it.
- Right to data portability – You have the right to obtain your information in a structure, commonly used and machine-readable format where technically feasible.
- Right to object to the use of your personal information – For example to object to the use of your information for the purposes of direct marketing.
- Right to withdraw consent – You can withdraw your consent at any time where you rely on your content to process your personal information.
- Right to complain to the relevant data protection authority – You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner where you think we have not used your data in accordance with UK data protection laws.
We may not charge a fee for you to exercise the above rights. However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive, or excessive. We reserve the right to refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
What we may need from you
For us to process your request, we may need to collect specific information from you such as your identity to confirm your right to access the requested personal information. This is a security measure, and this information is not permitted to be used outside this context.
Website Cookies and Third-party links
Website cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer, phone or tablet by websites and applications that you use.
The cookies we use:
The table below outlines the cookies we use and how. Your consent applies to mackenzieconstruction.com, and www.mackenzieconstruction.com, but excludes any subdomains.
|These cookies help our website provide basic functionality. Our website cannot function without these cookies|
|wordpress_test_cookie||This website||Used to check if the user’s browser supports cookies.||Session||HTTP Cookie|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-* (multiple cookies)||This website||Used to record your preferences with respect to cookies on this site.||1 year||HTTP Cookie|
|These cookies help us understand how you use our website by collection information anonymously|
|_ga||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.||2 years||HTTP Cookie|
|_gat||Used by Google Analytics to throttle request rate||1 day||HTTP Cookie|
|_gid||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.||1 day||HTTP Cookie|
|collect||Used to send data to Google Analytics about the visitor’s device and behaviour. Tracks the visitor across devices and marketing channels.||Session||Pixel Tracker|
Our website may include links to third party websites. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share information about you. We do not control these third parties and the information they collect about you is subject to their privacy policies or notices, which we encourage you to read.
Changes to this notice
This privacy notice was last updated in August 2022.
Any changes that are made to this notice will be posted on this page and where appropriate, you will be notified by email. The updated policy/notice will take effect as soon as it’s updated or otherwise communicated to you.
If you have any questions, comments, or requests regarding data protection matters, please contact our Data Protection Officer using the information below:
Data Protection Officer
Glasgow G46 7TL
Or email [email protected] with the subject mentioning data protection in the subject line.