Reid Street Access Road Improvement Works
Mackenzie Construction were employed on the infrastructure Framework with Clyde Gateway for their key routes and spaces projects. This framework’s aim was to bring together several work packages for public realm, roads, footpaths and environmental improvements, designed to provide:
- Connectivity between key projects in South Dalmarnock
- A link to the new Shawfield-Dalmarnock smart bridge
- New public spaces.
This project was undertaken in connection with this Framework and involved road reconstruction works within a busy live environment. The road provides access to the Police Headquarters (with over 1000 employees) and several other businesses. We liaised with them before, and at regular intervals during, the work to ensure the traffic management plan was formulated to provide minimum disruption as 24-hour access was required to be maintained at all times.
- Excavation of existing surfacing to road and footpath
- Resurfacing of the carriageways and footpaths
- Installation of new kerbs
- New street lighting
- White lining and road markings
- New traffic signage
- Invasive species eradication
- Daily interface with existing utilities and management of this risk
- Unchartered services were discovered and had to be checked and isolated by service providers
Works were completed on programme and on budget and with no defects during or after the defect period within an NEC 3 Option A.