Mountblow Road Bridge is located in the town of Clydebank and carries the 7.32 meter single carriageway Mountblow Road, with two footways both of which are 1.83 meters width, over the A82.
The Superstructure is a two span continuous reinforced concrete coffered deck slab, skewed at 13 degrees. The deck is simply supported by two closed abutments and by a single central pier.
Our organisation was contracted by West Dunbartonshire Council in January 2011 to undertake repair works to the bridge. The works were overseen by their Consultant Engineers W A Fairhurst and Partners, and the project consisted of:
- Removal of surfacing, existing kerbs, existing waterproofing system and footway
- Carry out concrete repairs to bridge deck
- Apply new waterproofing system
- Reinstate kerbs, surfacing and footways
- Replace parapet and pre-cast copes
- Replacement of deck joints
- Carry out concrete repairs and cathodic protection to bridge soffit area, including the application of protective coatings
- Install and manage all Traffic Management associated with carrying out the works.