We are currently recruiting for Site Agents to support our key framework clients in the Midlands, North Wales and Central and Northern Scotland.
Experience and knowledge
The Site Agent will be responsible for the management of the construction site in order to achieve required project delivery to the customers’ objectives, while maintaining the highest standards of health & safety, quality, environmental impact and cost control.
They will deliver multiple on-going projects, to the specified quality, the required programme and to the maximum commercial performance.
The Site Agent will work closely with his or her Contracts Manager, Project Manager, Engineers & Site staff, and if required be involved in Handover with Estimating Department at appointment of the project. Consult directly the HSEQ Team ensure that projects are completed in a safe manner whilst customer requirements and expectations are always maintained or exceeded. The Site Agent will also, if required, have handover meetings with the Estimating Department.
Ability to work with both the design teams and the Client to create collaborative working relationships to achieve delivery of each project.
Ability to demonstrate the expected behaviours and maintain the business culture at all times, and lead the team to ensure the culture is in line with our Company Values.
Ability to understand and have experience of commercial requirements during each project including conditions of contract; method of measurement; contract specifications together with sound awareness of Health & Safety, and the company Mackenzie Management System.
Will be able to demonstrate a good knowledge and understanding of Health Safety and Environment legislation together with individual and company responsibilities with respect to Health, Safety & the Environment.
Understand and implement Quality control and ensure that Quality control on projects is maintained and documented correctly against the business procedures, ensuring site staff and supervisors are aware of business expectations.
Responsible for Site Management:
- Enforce, Ensure and Maintain HSE compliance during delivery of each project, including the preparation of the HSE plan in accordance with Business procedures.
- Impose and implement Quality control within projects to avoid potential defects.
- Ensure the commercial performance of the contract is maximised
- Assume overall responsibility for the successful delivery of projects
- Control and manage site labour & sub-contractors to ensure a safe and quality delivery of the works.
- Ensure production and implementation of Project Plans, RAMS, ITP’s and Waste Management Plans, in line with Company Procedures and Management System.
- Produce and manage the project programme under the Conditions of Contract.
- Ensure sites have adequate resources to complete the tasks
- Ensure site records and quality inspections are produced in accordance with the Contract Plan & Yellow Quality Folder.
- Lead meetings with the Client and report on progress.
- Appointment and management of suppliers and sub-contractors.